SG53 MODULE FOR SPINDLE
The SG53 module is designed to enable easy integration of power sensor features to build into a bike crank axle/spindle power meter. Only a rechargeable Lithium battery and a set of strain gauges (both provided) are required to make a bike power sensor product.
A micro-USB connector is used to charge the attached Lithium battery. Several different battery styles are compatible with the SG53 modules including 14550, 14430, 14250 with capacities from 250mAh to over 650mAh.
The SG53 module series is based on a chip/module, which has been certified to comply with radio regulations or standards covering major markets include North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. The chip/module has also been qualified by the BLUETOOTH SIG. This allows fast-track certification of the final power meter product.
The physical dimensions of 10x30x6mm make integration into a spindle feasible.
Full integration services are available.
- Power (W)
- Cadence (RPM)
- Left Pedal Smoothness
- Left Torque Effectiveness
- ANT+ power meter profile compatible with modern bike computers supporting the ANT+ Device Profile – Bicycle Power
- Bluetooth Smart power meter profile compatible with smartphones (for Strava app etc.)
- Spin crank to turn on – calibrate on the head unit (when needed) – ride
- Recharge with USB every ~400h (w/ 14430 battery)
- Active power consumption: 3mW average
- Weight: 18g (depending on battery selection and installation options)
- Temperature: -10C to +50C
- Accuracy: +/-2% (@200W, 90 RPM)
- Principle: Strain gauge measurement of spindle torsion
- Wireless firmware upgrade
- Simple head unit bike computer (Cadence, Power, Left Pedal Smoothness, Left Torque Effectiveness). Customized on request.
- iOS and Android
- Integrated Micro-USB charging connector
- Two-color indicator LED
- No wires, zip-ties, magnets, or additional hardware to install
- Factory-installed and calibrated using the CalStand calibration machine
STATUS: SHIPPING PRODUCT
Enquire below to get an NDA and access to the full product datasheet. The fastest way to create a spindle power meter product.