SG2Q TORQUE SENSOR MODULE FOR E-BIKE
The SG2Q module set is designed as a very responsive contactless torque sensor module. Suitable for a range of applications involving torque measurements on a rotating shaft/spindle using a strain gauge sensor. A prime example application is an e-bike mid-drive motor for higher-end e-bikes where responsiveness and accuracy are key to provide the best rider experience.
By using wireless power and data transfer, the rotating torque shaft side is free of any batteries. A one-millimeter air gap between the rotor part and the stator part provides a friction-free solution. The sensor is ideal for reliable measurement of static and dynamic torque on non-rotating as well as rotating components. Integration into an e-bike system is easy using the optional CAN bus interface or the direct analog torque output.
High reliability through the use of automotive-qualified components (AEC-Q).
- Torque range: 0Nm – 200Nm
- Torque resolution: 0.1Nm
- Torque accuracy (excluding linearity and zero calibration error)
Range 0 – 65Nm: ±0.7Nm
Range 65 – 100Nm: ±1Nm
Range 100Nm – 200Nm: ±5Nm
- Torque linearity: ±1% (depending on strain gauge and application)
- Analog torque output latency: 5ms ±1ms
- Zero calibration: Automatic
- Calibration value stored in the module at factory calibration (optional manual calibration)
- Cadence/angular velocity: max 200 RPM (64 steps per rotation)
- Power supply: 3.3V – 5.5V DC
- Power consumption: max 50mA
- Dual quadrature open-drain rotational speed outputs with 64 steps per rotation
- Analog torque output voltage 0.1 – 2.9V
- Optional CAN 2.0 interface
- Operating temperature: -20C to 85C
- Storage temperature: -25C to 95C
- Ingress protection: flexible upon application
- Humidity: 0% – 95% RH, non condensing
- Electromagnetic Compliance: IEC 61000-6-2
- Automotive qualified (AEC-Q) components
- IPC-2222 / IPC-2221 and IPC-A-610 Class II conforming PCBA
- 100% contactless with 1mm air gap
- Can be potted for full environmental protection
The outer diameter of the shaft shown is 30mm. The sensor is designed to for easy adaption up to 35mm shaft diameter while fitting within 50mm diameter for the rotor part. The strain gauge is applied on the outside of the shaft and connects to the rotor part shown in the below illustration.
The physical shape and size of the module can be customized for a perfect fit.
STATUS: WORKING PROTOTYPE
Enquire below to get an NDA and access to the full details.