BRAKE SENSOR – CALIPER MOUNT
The caliper brake sensor is designed to fit between the fork and the disc brake caliper on most modern mountain bikes. This sensor accurately measures any braking force acting on the rotor. This accurately describes the braking torque. The data can be connected to any standard data recorder for later analysis.
Applications range from performance optimization by top athletes (see video demonstration below) to use as an in-house test tool for ABS system development for high-end e-bikes.
- Brake force
- Sensor temperature
Interface (Version A)
- 12Vdc supply (<10mA)
- Brake force output 0-5V
- Temperature output 0-10V
- Blue, 4-pin, male HIGO-M4 connector on 1m black cable
Interface (Version B)
- 3.3-12Vdc supply (<10mA)
- Brake force output 0-3V
- Temperature and wheel pulse output 0-3V
- Specify cable length
- Specify connector (or datalogger)
- Range: -4500N to +4500N
- Resolution: Better than 0.1N
- Bandwidth: >100Hz (electrical)
- Weight: 120g excluding screws
- Temperature: -10C to +50C
- Force accuracy: +/-2% after calibration
- Temperature accuracy: +/-1C
Data logger compatibility
- AiM EVO4S (recommended)
- Vector GL1010
- Many others
- The rotor needs to go up 2 sizes, so use 203mm rotor on a standard post mount for 160mm
- Fits common MTB forks and brake calipers
- Threads are M6
This video shows how the world’s only PhD in mountain biking is using the caliper brake sensor to coach top athletes to brake better in order to ride faster.
We are working with BrakeAce to get this unique training tool out to the top MTB riders, coaches, and teams right now. The combination of this sensor and the BrakeAce software allows MTB riders to gain significant advantage fast by changing brake monitoring from “squiggly lines” to science-based performance metrics.
Using the BrakeAce software with this sensor, you get instant feedback on:
- Top 3 places on the trail to go back and practice for most performance impact
- Unique brake metrics: Flow score, Intensity, Modulation, etc. to understand what to focus on
- Turn analysis to understand where to practice perfect brake timing in the turns
All of this is available as of May 2020 and will help any top athlete get faster in DH, XC, and Enduro.
STATUS: SHIPPING PRODUCT
Enquire below to get pricing and full product datasheet.
Note: Banner photo courtesy MTB PHD – thanks.