BRAKE SENSOR – CALIPER MOUNT
The caliper brake sensor is designed to fit between the fork and the disc brake caliper on most modern mountain bikes. This sensor accurately measures any braking force acting on the rotor. This accurately describes the braking torque. The data can be connected to any standard data recorder for later analysis.
Applications range from performance optimization by top athletes (see video demonstration below) to use as an in-house test tool for ABS system development for high-end e-bikes.
- Brake force
- Sensor temperature
- 12Vdc supply (<10mA)
- Brake force output 0-5V
- Temperature output 0-10V
- Blue, 4-pin, male HIGO-M4 connector on 1m black cable
- Range: -4500N to +4500N
- Resolution: Better than 0.1N
- Bandwidth: >100Hz (electrical)
- Weight: 120g excluding screws
- Temperature: -10C to +50C
- Force accuracy: +/-2% after calibration
- Temperature accuracy: +/-1C
Data logger compatibility
- Vector GL1010 (recommended)
AiM EVO 5
- Designed for 203mm rotor on a standard post mount for 160mm
- Fits common MTB forks
- Threads are M6
This video shows how the world’s only PhD in mountain biking is using the caliper brake sensor to coach top athletes to brake better in order to ride faster.
STATUS: SHIPPING PRODUCT
Enquire below to get pricing and full product datasheet.
Note: Banner photo courtesy MTB PHD – thanks.