CALSTAND – POWER METER CALIBRATION
A fully customizable production test stands for the test and calibration of crank-based power meter products. Intended for lower volume production as well as verification and repair/support.
Laptop with custom test and calibration software to control the process, write results into the power sensor module and log results for traceability purposes
Mechanical test rig for a crankset with pneumatic force application (+/-1500N) at the pedal axle location. Operator required for insertion and removal of each crankset to be tested
- Mains power 110/220V for laptop and controls
- Pneumatic air (compressor not included)
- Laptop and mechanical test jig is connected with a USB cable
- Insert spindle to test (secure to left and right crank arms)
- Close hatch around spindle/bearings
- Click start on the test program
- The test stand performs the automatic tests by pushing and pulling (+/-1500N) the crank arm through the axle mounted in the pedal thread
- A curve showing applied force versus the value measured by the power sensor is recorded
- Deviations from a pre-set mask indicate production errors (glue problem, damaged wires, bad solder joints, etc.)
- The individual calibration values can be automatically calculated and sent to the power meter for storage in internal non-volatile memory
- A serial number bar code on the spindle can be read and all data recorded along with the serial number for later analysis and general traceability
- The test software indicates PASS or FAIL and prints a label including any error codes
- Remove the crankset under test and repeat the process with the next unit
The video shows how the CalStand is operated and the full calibration sequence is completed automatically including storing of final calibration values into the power meter module.
STATUS: SHIPPING PRODUCT
Enquire below for more details on the power meter calibration and test machine for manufacturing and support.