How Do I Get a Custom Torque Sensor?
Getting a custom torque sensor that fits perfectly into your project typically involves close cooperation with a supplier like Sensitivus which specializes in engineering design and production.
Before you get into the custom design, you need to determine your exact requirements. For example, the physical dimensions that can make the sensor fit into your mechanical design.
You also need to consider any other special features and the demands for the material, position, and mounting of the sensor in order for it to be accurate and robust.
- Does your design expose the sensor to weather conditions or is it fitted into a closed design?
- Are the dimensions challenging because of the design of the specific drive system?
- Does the sensor need to be mounted in an unusual place?
Lots of special features may call for a customized design of the torque sensor system in order for it to function effortlessly and reliably.
You can start by looking into some of the already existing form factors for the torque sensor systems. Try to find the specific differences that your design requires. Check out Sensitivus’ form factors here.
Once you have a clear idea of your requirements you can reach out to discuss specifications and budget in more detail.
In Sensitivus we will design a prototype for you to test and validate so you can be sure it meets your specifications. Read more about our process step-by-step.
It may require some trial and error to get a torque custom sensor exactly right for your needs. Don’t worry. We have yet to experience a case that didn’t succeed.
- Do Torque Sensors Make E-Bikes Safer?
- How Does a Torque Sensor Work?
- What Is a Torque Sensor?
- What Is the Lifespan of a Torque Sensor?
- Why Do I Need a Torque Sensor for My E-Bike?