Join us for the ride in a new market.
– Use your software skills to shape the future of e-bikes in a growing startup.
Are you tired of endless unproductive back-to-back meetings in your current role? Take a look at this. We are looking for two experienced embedded software/firmware engineers to join our team. This is a brilliant opportunity for you to take ownership and shape our software and firmware development efforts.
You will like our dynamic and pragmatic approach to product development, with freedom and room for autonomy to find the right solutions.
SENSITIVUS Gauge develops integrated sensor technologies such as torque sensors, brake sensors, and power meters for e-bikes and other electric vehicles. Our focus is on a small torque/angle/cadence sensor for e-bikes to make the e-bike safer and to improve the feeling of a natural ride. The goal is to make an e-bike feel like you have an “exoskeleton” for your legs. To simply feel like a stronger you. Sounds simple? Think again.
The torque sensor is the key element to making an e-bike feel like a conventional bike. And this is not just something we dream up. This is what all the motor and gear manufacturers are telling us when they knock on our door and want to be a customer. Both the big well-known brands and the ones that are still under the radar.
We are at the center of this amazing transformation of personal transportation as we know it.
You will be responsible for leading the development of all our software. A key role in moving the patent-pending sensor technology for torque and angle sensing forward. Something that will later develop into our own custom ASIC to fully scale to the volumes we already see requested from the customers.
You will work closely with both hardware and mechanical engineers as everything tends to be a tradeoff between various ways of implementing the same features. We run new projects all the time for various customers always iterating to improve the performance, cost, manufacturability, reliability, safety, etc. Be prepared to juggle a lot of variations and learn a lot.
What you will be doing
- Set and manage the overall architecture for software, tools, testing, methods, and documentation.
- Hands-on coding with small inexpensive microcontrollers tightly coupled with dedicated analog hardware.
- Work on higher-level software to run test systems for both in-house design validation and manufacturing testing. This includes torque, angle, and rotational speed testers as well as demonstration setups.
- Help deliver real sensor prototypes to a wide variety of customers and help ensure their success.
What we need
- 3+ years of experience in structured embedded C design, implementation, test, and documentation on microcontrollers.
- An innovative person, with a passion for how electronics, software, and physics can be applied to create the optimum solution.
- Self-driven and goal-oriented with an SW quality mindset.
- You are confident in dealing with customers at the technical level (engineers, designers, B2B).
- Knowledge of and experience with CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- Experience with functional safety, SIL/ASIL, safety-critical software, testing, etc. is a plus.
- English is a requirement. Danish is a big plus.
What we offer
- Salary is competitive
- A warrant program for key employees
- Autonomy and freedom to find the approaches and best solutions for problems
- High impact on the development of the patent-pending technology
- A tight team in an informal environment where all opinions are heard and ideas quickly turned into action
The office is in the SYMBION office park on Østerbro. We keep reasonable working hours and prefer to be in the office when we work as we have a lot of physical “stuff” that we need for our work. We are very flexible on most parameters as long as we keep focusing on creating real results.
For additional information regarding the job please contact us at the job email and we can set up a quick call to answer all your questions.
There is no application deadline as we continuously assess the submitted applications until the correct candidate is hired.