The SG5x module is designed to enable easy integration of power sensor features build into a bike crank axle/spindle. Only a rechargeable Lithium battery and a set of strain gauges (both provided) are required to make a bike power sensor product.
A micro-USB connector is use to charge the attached Lithium battery. Several different battery styles are compatible with the SG5x modules including 14550, 14430, 14250 with capacities from 250mAh to over 650mAh.
The SG5x module series is based on a chip/module, which has been certified to comply with radio regulation or standards covering major markets include North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. The chip/module has also been qualified by the BLUETOOTH SIG. This allows fast track certification of the final power meter product.
The physical dimensions of 10x30x6mm makes integration into a spindle feasible.
Full integration services available.
- Power (W)
- Cadence (RPM)
- Left Pedal Smoothness
- Left Torque Effectiveness
Compatibility with Head Units
- ANT+ power meter profile compatible with modern bike computers supporting the ANT+ Device Profile – Bicycle Power
- Bluetooth Smart power meter profile compatible with smartphones (for Strava app etc.)
- Spin crank to turn on – calibrate on head unit (when needed) – ride
- Recharge with USB every ~400h (w/ 14430 battery)
- Weight: 18g (depending on battery selection and installation options)
- Temperature: -10C to +50C
- Accuracy: +/-2% (@200W, 90 RPM)
- Principle: Strain gauge measurement of spindle torsion
- Wireless firmware upgrade
- Simple head unit bike computer (Cadence, Power, Left Pedal Smoothness, Left Torque Effectiveness). Customized on request.
- iOS and Android
- No wires, zip-ties, magnets or additional hardware to install
- Factory installed and calibrated
Datasheet available with NDA. Simply contact us through the contact form below and we will get back to you.